What a Content Creation Workflow Did For Me in 4 Weeks!
For the better part of the last 10 years, I have delivered most of my content and life’s work on stages and in classrooms. So many times, people asked me where they could find more of my content. They asked if I had a YouTube channel, a book, or any online courses. To this I always said no. It was a flattering moment where I could feel their appreciation for my work and their desire to explore more of it. However, it also made me feel bad about not doing more to serve people after my talks, workshops, and classes. Honestly, I would simply shift my focus so that I wouldn’t feel bad for long.
Essentially, my challenge has been to extract more value from existing and new content. I can’t express how much regret I have felt in certain moments, wondering what could have been if I had been simply taking all of my talks and workshops and converting them into blog posts, videos, online courses, Linkedin posts, Tweets, etc.
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”Chinese Proverb
Borrowing from the wisdom of that Chinese Proverb about the two best times to plan a tree, I realized now was the best time to start!
My Content Creation Breakthrough
For the last month, I focused on following a content creation workflow that my incredible partner helped me design. Instead of going out on a nice Saturday afternoon, she helped me create a workflow so that I could either convert new or existing content into multiple media. The workflow starts with written content and takes me through a process to convert it into other forms of media. Since I have most of the written notes for my talks, I can simply put them through this workflow to extract more value from them.
In the last 4 weeks, I am proud to say I have:
- written 2 e-books (currently in editing and in need of cover design)
- published 5 new blog posts, counting this one (equal to my output over 2 years)
- delivered 3 webinars on topics I love (more to come!)
- launched 2 new courses for The School of Reinvention
Perhaps more importantly, I am enjoying this process. I enjoy sitting down, getting the ideas out of my head and into potentially various formats. Part of my mission when I launched my first reinvention back in 2008 was to reach and serve as many people as possible with my work. This workflow is helping me do that by design.
Here is some of my recent work, you can find the links below.
- Course: Getting Started with Coaching Employees and Coworkers
- Course: The 4 Building Blocks to Constant and Never Ending Success
- Article: What I Learned About Reinvention From my Art History Professor
- Article: How to Coach Employees and Coworkers
- Article: Coaching Skills I Learned from my High School Math Teacher
- Article: How to Save a Failed Business or Product Experiment
Stay tuned for the e-books!
My Barista's Coffee is Great But His Advice Is Even Better! - Reinventing Myself
March 26, 2021 @ 7:06 am
[…] What a Content Creation Workflow Did For Me in 4 Weeks […]